So I got the chance to photograph a wedding a couple of weeks ago, I’ve been wanting to try it for well over a year now and I have to say, it wasn’t what I expected. Although I had a fun day and the pictures turned out great, I was so overwhelmed! I don’t know how professionals do it on a weekly basis, I think I definitely need some more practice before I attempt a wedding again!
Being there all day and having to try and capture personal moments, as well as group shots and the obligatory shots such as registry signing or the first dance was really challenging. There’s so much you have to remember, and all while being friendly and professional at the same time. I was lucky enough to know the family who’s wedding I was photographing, so it was nice to not be under too much pressure – however, at times I felt the pressure more so as I didn’t want to let a friend down!
However, I think with a little more practice I could get the hang of it, I quite enjoyed being a part of someone’s day but next time I’ll be more prepared for the stress, pressure and being on my feet all day!
Here’s a few of my favorite pictures from the day…
I know this is a photography blog, but I’ve been too busy to go out and take photos the past couple of weeks, so I decided to post about something I reaaaally love… Christmas! I’m probably going to be writing posts like this from now on, I’d like to make things a little more personal to give people a chance to get to know me, not just look at pictures I take. So, here’s 9 reasons why this is my favourite time of the year…
1, The Red Cups! I wouldn’t be a true white girl if Starbucks wasn’t on this list somewhere. There’s something really satisfying about ordering your favourite drink, asking for the christmas blend and getting your name written on the side of your red cup. Of course the best part of it all is getting to instagram it afterwards! #starbucks
2. Cozy Blankets (added bonus if it’s tartan). Although the weather is freeeezing, there’s nothing more rewarding then coming in from the cold, putting the fire on, and wrapping up in a blanket to watch Christmas films!
3. New pyjamas! Every year my mom wraps up a pair of pyjamas for everyone in the house, we get to open them on Christmas-eve and put them on. This is my favourite part about being home for the holidays, I haven’t been home in 3 years so I do miss this a lot! (But don’t tell my Mom I secretly enjoy the Christmas pj’s)
4. Bubble baths! I’ve developed a bit of an obsession with Lush cosmetics bath bombs, and now the Christmas ones are out I have an excuse to buy more! I love bubble baths all year round, but there just more comforting during the Winter months.
5. Wearing boots! I have a pair of brown leather boots that I live in, they keep my toes warm and they’re my best friends when the cold weather hits.
6.Candy Canes! (4 for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco) I just like the taste of Peppermint, it reminds me of Christmas. And Mean Girls.
7. Snow Days. Although admittedly, they were a lot more fun when I got a day of school, now it’s just hassle driving to work in a blizzard. But I do run a photography blog, so I’m looking forward to taking snow pictures!
8. Christmas-scented Candles! I light candles in my room every single night, so I’m a bit over-excited about the cinnamon and mulled wine scents. There’s nothing more warming then the smell of Christmas.
9. My personal favourite.. HOT CHOCOLATE! Winter wouldn’t be winter without this. Coming in from the cold, putting fluffy socks on and drinking a mug of hot chocolate… Combine hot chocolate, christmas scented candles, pyjamas and a tartan blanket and I’m in my happy place.
These are a few snaps I took walking around my City Center (Wolverhampton) a few weeks ago, I’ve only just got round to editing them but I really like how they’ve turned out. I think I’m becoming a little obsessed with St Peter’s Church also.. until I started photographing it I didn’t really pay much attention to the detail. But now that I have, it makes me feel kind of proud that the city I live in has an Anglo Saxon church built in the 10th Century, and a church that’s so beautiful but overlooked by the majority of people that walk past it. I myself have only recently took the time to read the plaques around it stating that it’s ‘The Oldest Place in Wolverhampton’. Next on my list, to go inside…
Playing around with some photos I took for my friends beauty blog, (beautybyabigail.wordpress.com – amazing!) and I came across this one…
The girl in the photo is also my friend, Emma, and how amazing does she look! But on the photography side of things, I love the drama and boldness of these images, I softened it a little in the second edit for a more ‘smokey’ subtle look, I can’t decide which is my favourite. I love them both!
So this time last year I was getting excited for my New Year’s Eve trip to Times Square… The weather was absolutely freezing and there was no way I was taking my fingers out of my gloves so I hardly got any pictures. The ones I did take have been sitting on my phone since then, and now I have this blog I can finally share them. There’s only a few that I liked, I didn’t have my Nikon last year so these are all taken on my Galaxy. Let me know what you think!
I’m not new to the concept of apps so I don’t know why It took me so long to figure out how to use the VSCO Cam App properly, but this has taken me forever!
But here it is.. my VSCO Grid!
Amazing for any of you acne sufferer’s! This girl knows her stuff..
Unfortunately I have not been graced with amazing skin, I am an acne sufferer! Anyone out there that suffers from acne can relate to how horrible it actually is! Your skin is bumpy, sore and extremely red and requires a lot of work to camouflage. Over the past 2 years (when my acne has been its worst) I have created a cleansing and makeup routine which calms my skin down the most, as well as hiding my spots. Above is a before shot, this is how my acne typically looks most mornings extremely red with swollen spots, and beside it is an image of the same cheek after I done my skin care and makeup routine. Below I will give a step by step outline as to what products I use and my routine. Thank you for viewing and I hope this helps someone out…
View original post 203 more words