I know this is a photography blog, but I’ve been too busy to go out and take photos the past couple of weeks, so I decided to post about something I reaaaally love… Christmas! I’m probably going to be writing posts like this from now on, I’d like to make things a little more personal to give people a chance to get to know me, not just look at pictures I take. So, here’s 9 reasons why this is my favourite time of the year…
1, The Red Cups! I wouldn’t be a true white girl if Starbucks wasn’t on this list somewhere. There’s something really satisfying about ordering your favourite drink, asking for the christmas blend and getting your name written on the side of your red cup. Of course the best part of it all is getting to instagram it afterwards! #starbucks
2. Cozy Blankets (added bonus if it’s tartan). Although the weather is freeeezing, there’s nothing more rewarding then coming in from the cold, putting the fire on, and wrapping up in a blanket to watch Christmas films!
3. New pyjamas! Every year my mom wraps up a pair of pyjamas for everyone in the house, we get to open them on Christmas-eve and put them on. This is my favourite part about being home for the holidays, I haven’t been home in 3 years so I do miss this a lot! (But don’t tell my Mom I secretly enjoy the Christmas pj’s)
4. Bubble baths! I’ve developed a bit of an obsession with Lush cosmetics bath bombs, and now the Christmas ones are out I have an excuse to buy more! I love bubble baths all year round, but there just more comforting during the Winter months.
5. Wearing boots! I have a pair of brown leather boots that I live in, they keep my toes warm and they’re my best friends when the cold weather hits.
6.Candy Canes! (4 for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco) I just like the taste of Peppermint, it reminds me of Christmas. And Mean Girls.
7. Snow Days. Although admittedly, they were a lot more fun when I got a day of school, now it’s just hassle driving to work in a blizzard. But I do run a photography blog, so I’m looking forward to taking snow pictures!
8. Christmas-scented Candles! I light candles in my room every single night, so I’m a bit over-excited about the cinnamon and mulled wine scents. There’s nothing more warming then the smell of Christmas.
9. My personal favourite.. HOT CHOCOLATE! Winter wouldn’t be winter without this. Coming in from the cold, putting fluffy socks on and drinking a mug of hot chocolate… Combine hot chocolate, christmas scented candles, pyjamas and a tartan blanket and I’m in my happy place.